Star Crossed Love


In the room, there were three,
Cancer, Capricorn, Scorpio and me.
I smiled at them, they smiled at me,
I stared at those lovable three.

Scorpio looked at me with those magnetic eyes,
I felt I was reaching the highs.
Oh! Those hypnotic eyes,
My those enigmatic eyes.

Scorpio's poisonous passion, 
Was in his eyes,
And he made me blush;
And brought tears to my eyes.

Scorpio said he loved me,
He said he wanted me.
I said ''There are three''.
''How can I only love thee?''

His Scorpio elixir of passion,
I had to ignore.
For there was a secret,
Which he bore.

There was one problem,
A very big problem!
Scorpio would only be faithful to me,
If he felt so toward me.

Scorpio I had to bid farewell,
Oh! That handsome devil!
He wished me well,
I wished him well.

Now in the room, there were two,
Cancer and Capricorn, ooh!
Capricorn looked at me in the same way,
Bogie must have looked at Bacall.

Alas! There was a problem,
A serious problem.
The goat was sometimes selfish, 
Which was very kiddish.

This was a warning bell,
I decided to bid him farewell.
He wished me well,
I wished him well.

Now was remaining only one,
Cancer who was eating a bun.
His charming smile,
Made my heart skip a beat.

I looked at him,
He looked at me.
He seemed to look at me deeply,
Gazing at my soul!

Blood rushed through my veins,
My hands were sweaty.
My heart was beating,
Madly in my bosom.

Suddenly he gave me a look,
A look so full of passion.
The rapture that it caused within my heart,
Was none that I had ever felt.

The room felt a little heavenly,
I looked up the roof was not there,
I wondered what happened,
What could have caused this strange phenomenon?

He rose, my lips trembled,
Cancer walked towards me.
Oh! What a sweet crab!
Oh! What a lovely crab!

Suddenly he took me in his arms,
And stared into my eyes.
I could see his soul,
He could see mine.

He kissed me, a kiss so passionate,
My heart was beating,
Faster and slower at the same time,
I was under his spell.

We smiled at each other,
He said he loved me. 
I said I did too,
He said I am the only woman he would ever woo!

The stars in the sky started to twinkle brilliantly,
We stared at the heavens.
I saw Vulcan my true ruler wink at me,
The moon was crying tears of joy!

It seemed like a divine intervention,
A sign from the heavens.
That we are meant to be as one,
Oh! How I smiled at this one!

As we walked out into the moonlight,
Cancer literally gave me the moon!
Which I held in my trembling hands.
Oh! Love had done it all!

Slowly and steadily, 
With the twinkling stars overhead.
We walked towards the horizon,
We walked towards love.





Inspired by Linda Goodman's book Love Signs










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The disadvantages of not being tech savvy

Land

Beautiful